Lavasoft Personal Firewallâ€™s installation procedure is similar to that of most Windows programs. Experienced users may find the following brief instructions useful. If you would prefer to have more complete instructions, you can find them later in this document.
To install Lavasoft Personal Firewall:
1. VERY IMPORTANT! Before installing, first uninstall any other firewall software on your computer to prevent conflicts, then reboot.
2. Close all open applications.
3. In the Run dialog, type C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Personal Firewall\Lavasoft Personal Firewall Setup.exe (this assumes that your installer file location is â€œC:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Personal Firewall\Lavasoft Personal Firewall Setup.exeâ€?).
4. After installation, you are prompted to configure the Lavasoft Personal Firewall settings. You will need to choose either of the following options:
* Automatic Configuration â€“ Lavasoft Personal Firewall will scan your system, create application and network specific rules and build the Component control database, all without your interference.
* Configuration Wizard - Lavasoft Personal Firewall will allow you to select application and network specific rules and enable or disable Component control.
Whichever option you select, you can later change the setting you make.
5. As a final step, you will be asked to reboot.
IMPORTANT: Do not launch Lavasoft Personal Firewall manually using the Start button menu or Windows Explorer right after installing it. You must reboot your computer before Lavasoft Personal Firewall can start to protect your system.
Please sign in to leave a comment.