When installing or updating adaware antivirus 12 you might get an error message about OpenGL, and then you need to either update the graphic driver or install/update in a special mode.
This is an example of the error message:
It's best to update the graphic driver by running Windows Update and checking if computer manufacturer or graphic card manufacturer has a newer driver to install.
But if there is no newer graphic driver it's possible to switch to another rendering mode for adaware antivirus:
1. Select Control Panel -> System and Security -> System -> Advanced system settings (in left column)
2. In System Properties window: Select Advanced -> Environment Variables
3. In Environment Variables window: Click New under User variables
Enter the variable name: ADAWARE_ANTIVIRUS_RENDER_MODE
Enter the variable value: 1
4. Click OK and check result
5. Click OK.
6. Install/Update adaware antivirus.
If you still get an OpenGL error message, please click on Ask a question on https://forum.adaware.com/index.php?/forum/197-adaware-antivirus-12/ and present your problem.
Please sign in to leave a comment.